Preparing your Home For Sale
- First and foremost, clean. It sounds simple, but a clean house always sells better. Keep lawns and hedges neatly trimmed, weed flowerbeds and maximize your curb appeal.
- Clean out your garage or carport to show its full size.
- Next, remove all clutter. You might like that ‘lived in’ feel, but the more potential buyers focus on your collection of Van Halen memorabilia, the less they notice the property. So put your stuff away or consider a storage unit.
- Make minor repairs. Replace cracked tiles, touch up places that need painting, fix door knobs, squeaky doors and cupboards and leaky faucets.
- Third, consider a professional home stager. If your place is empty or lacks a bit in the decorating department, home stagers can make your place look like a spread from House & Home in no time. Statistics tell us that the homes that show the best sell faster and for more money. Plus we have a wonderful home stager we can refer you too.
- Let the sunshine in. Open draperies and curtains, wash windows and let the prospect how cheerful your house can be. Also, remember to air out your home.
- Clean again. Really. Keep doing it. It’s that important.